tom ford – fashion powerhouse, film mogul and old school romantic – is the cover star of the spring/summer 2011 issue of another man. alongside web exclusive images, tom ford’s feature includes his five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman.
men! get your pen/pencil ready…
1. you should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world
because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. a gentleman today has to work. people who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. you have to be passionate, you have to be engaged
and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. i always open doors for women, i carry their coat, i make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. a man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
(via another mag)