amanda thomas is the rad jewelry designer behind the line :: luv aj.
aside from creating magic with metal, she runs a kick ass fashion blog…
and just released her first “summer mixtape”.
a lot of the artists found in this playlist, have been mentioned previously on the blog.
so get going and DOWNLOAD! or start with the video (below) for a lil taste…
tom ford – fashion powerhouse, film mogul and old school romantic – is the cover star of the spring/summer 2011 issue of another man. alongside web exclusive images, tom ford’s feature includes his five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman.
men! get your pen/pencil ready…
1. you should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world
because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. a gentleman today has to work. people who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. you have to be passionate, you have to be engaged
and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. i always open doors for women, i carry their coat, i make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. a man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
(via another mag)
continuing with her previous collection that explored the rituals of mourning and divorce, ganne’s new theme moves beyond the loss of a lover to the hunt for another. this exciting new collection brings together traditional customs and practices that surround the act of hunting, making use of symbols such as the stag, the trophy and the prey. just as one would display trophies of their hunt, ganne’s jewellery invites the wearer to bear the mark of the hunter, symbolizing both the pursuit for a new lover as well as the evidence of conquests. in keeping with her explorative and unusual use of materials, ganne expands her tangible vocabulary to include a diverse colour palette with the use of gemstones and foxtails.
worn during the hunt, these pieces are designed to attract and seduce potential prey, using the plumage as bait.
with “hunting man” gisele ganne declares the hunting season open!
shop the collection at not just a label