tom ford – fashion powerhouse, film mogul and old school romantic – is the cover star of the spring/summer 2011 issue of another man. alongside web exclusive images, tom ford’s feature includes his five easy lessons in how to be a modern gentleman.
men! get your pen/pencil ready…
1. you should put on the best version of yourself when you go out in the world
because that is a show of respect to the other people around you.
2. a gentleman today has to work. people who do not work are so boring and are usually bored. you have to be passionate, you have to be engaged
and you have to be contributing to the world.
3. manners are very important and actually knowing when things are appropriate. i always open doors for women, i carry their coat, i make sure that they’re walking on the inside of the street. stand up when people arrive at and leave the dinner table.
4. don’t be pretentious or racist or sexist or judge people by their background.
5. a man should never wear shorts in the city. Flip-flops and shorts in the city are never appropriate. shorts should only be worn on the tennis court or on the beach.
(via another mag)
thursday, february 17th – 7pm @ slates restaurant
local beauty insider magazine launch party!
the first 100 guests in attendance will receive beauty swag bags. so arrive early!
i’ll be out taking style snaps, sippin, and schmoozin.
don’t forget to grab your first issue and peep my feature (page 33!).
the beautiful ms. natasha poly in numero circa april 2007 has me wishing i could pull off this hair! hah (scurry thought!) this editorial shot by tom munro was titled “mon coeur mis à nu”
which translates to “my heart laid bare”. heavenly!
2011, accessories, anna dello russo, big hair, black tie affair, color, editorial, fashion, giampaolo sgura, hats, headpiece, headwear, issue, jewelry, karmen pedaru, march, noir facade, nowness, publication, spring, styling, summer, the look says it all, vibrant, vogue nippon